Friday 11 September 2015

My bad bleach experience

Thursday 3rd September:

Okay, so I had a deep mahogany red with a purple undertone colour hair and I decided that I wanted a change before I started my second year of university. So I went to the shop and bought the same hair bleach that I always use and I went home. That night, I bleached my hair. I got my mum to do it so that my whole head would be covered evenly and she put the bleach on the same way it's always done and it was left on my hair for the same length of time I always leave it on for, however when it came to washing the bleach out, I found that large clumps of my hair was falling out. Now I have bleached my hair a couple of times in the past and this has never happened before so needless to say, I freaked out. My hair wasn't washing properly because all of the shampoo and conditioner was clinging to the hair that was falling out. So when I finally gave up, I went downstairs and sat in the kitchen. When my mum came in, I burst into tears and told her what had happened. My parents have been amazing through this. Which to anyone, might not seem like a big deal, but for me, someone who has fine, hair, and not much of it, it was a huge deal. I have lost large tufts of hair. And the only long parts left are all at the back.
So yeah, my mum. She was amazing, she combed through my hair to remove any loose hair that was left and told me to go and wash it again. When I came back down, my dad was gone and she told me she had gotten in touch with my auntie - who is a hairdresser - and that my dad had gone out to buy the keratin shampoo and conditioner my auntie told her that my hair needs. Yeah, I will be doing a review on the products that he bought me because be came back with a bag full of different things. 
But anyway, while i'm writing this (which won't be the day this is posted), it's the next day and I have sat in my pyjamas l day, putting keratin oil and conditioner in my hair every couple of hours to help give my hair back some moisture and strength. I have to admit that although this may seem small, and not a huge thing to anyone, it is to me. I l have not been able to look in a mirror without wanting go cry. My appearance is literally making me feel sick. I'm currently trying to pluck up the confidence to put actual clothes on and some makeup and be able to look in the mirror. And i'm also trying to build up the confidence to ask my auntie to come and cut my hair off. Because I want it all gone - which isn't just because of this, I wanted it all gone anyway, I just want more of it gone now. 
I just want to not feel repulsed anymore. I was only just getting comfortable wit my appearance and then it got knocked away. And I honestly have no idea what to do with myself. I refuse to leave the house. And would rather spend all day on my own and not see anyone. Because explaining to people why my hair looks the way it does and why I look depressed is just too much for me to handle. I have cancelled all plans that I had made because I can't bare to see anyone. 

Friday 11th September:

Okay, so it's now a week and a few days later and I figured I would write everything that happened in the last week in one post instead of doing an update everyday. 
So, the friday after half my hair fell out was the first day I washed it. I used the TRESemme Keratin Smooth shampoo and Conditioner  to wash my hair with. I did not use a hairdryer as I didn't want to further damage my hair, but, I did put the TRESemme Kertain Smooth heat protection spray in my hair to add more kertain to aid my hair in repairing, I then put the OGX Anti-Breakage Kertain Oil Instant Repair Weightless Healing  Oil  in my hair for added protection and to aid repairing. - I repeated this two days later. 

Monday 7th September: 

This was the first day that I braved the outdoors and the only way I managed it was because I hid all of my hair in a beanie - and because after two washes, most of the red patches in my hair had faded. So I hopped on a bus and visited my friends that live an hour away - This day also happened to be a day that the UK weather decided it wanted to pretend it was still the middle of summer, needless to say, I melted - especially with that beanie on. 

Tuesday 8th September: 

This was a pretty great day. I shoved all of my hair in a ponytail and took the dogs on a three hour walk - I will be making a blog post full of my pictures from this day and another day I spent exploring the same place as I got some pretty incredible pictures on both days. After the walk, I went to the hairdressers and got all of my hair cut off. Meaning that the majority of dead hair is now gone and I couldn't be happier - I also have a post coming up all about my hair transformation, so look out for that!

Wednesday 9th September: 

This was two days ago now, and on this day, I went out and bought this hair dye. It definitely didn't turn out as dark as I had hoped but, it came out okay and I will be dying it a darker brown in a few weeks but, I want to allow my hair a few weeks rest from any damage to give it a chance to repair itself as much as possible.  

So, that's it! If anyone has ANY tips on repairing damaged hair then please do let me know and I will be forever in your dept! 

xoxo  


No comments:

Post a Comment